The blog of a fanatic who wants to eat, drink, and breathe makeup.

Thursday, April 23, 2015

What's In My Bag? Vacation Makeup!

In a few days I'll be headed to Las Vegas! Woo!  I booked the cheapest flight in existence ($50). This particular airline nickels and dimes for everything, and I mean everything.  If I wanted to select my seat, it was a $5 charge. If I want to bring a carry on and put it in the overhead compartment, it's $30. If I want to check a bag it's $20.

$105 for a one way flight is still a really good deal, but I'm really frugal when it comes to stuff that isn't important to me. You betcha I didn't pay for anything except for selecting my seat!  I'll spend that $50 elsewhere, thankyouverymuch.

Because of this, for my 5 day vacation, I am only bringing a personal item that will fit under the seat in front of me.

Can it be done? Yes!



This post will only talk about the makeup and beauty products I'll be bringing.  All fit in two small clutch-sized beauty bags.

Let's get started!


First, the skincare:


  • Sample sized bottle of Purity face wash.
  • Four sample containers from Lush (I save those little containers, they are so handy!). 
    • Buche De Noel face cleanser
    • Ocean Salt face scrub
    • Skin Drink moisturizer
    • Enchanted Eye cream


  • A spray bottle that was a sample of Matrix Flash Filler, but I used all that up, washed out the bottle and filled it with Breath of Fresh Air toner.
  • Sample sized jar of Tarte Maracuja oil.
  • Sample sized can of Batiste Dry Shampoo.
  • Jack Black Lip Balm in Natural Mint and Shea Butter
This bag also contains the brushes I will be taking.



  • Foundation brush (but I'll probably use it to apply my loose powder, and blend my bronzer)
  • Angled face brush, for blush or bronzer
  • Dual sided brush from Urban Decay (came with Naked 3 palette)
  • Dual sided shadow/crease brush
  • Flat shader brush
  • Pointed crease brush



The makeup bag is a little more crowded:




  • Deluxe sample of Tarte Clean Slate Poreless primer
  • NARS Sheer Glow foundation
  • Deluxe sample of IT Cosmetics Bye Bye Undereye concealer
  • Deluxe sample of Tarte Smooth Operator finishing powder

  • Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz brow pencil
  • Deluxe sample of Benefit Hoola bronzer
  • Deluxe sample of Tarte blush in Thrilled

  • Small Z pallete, filled with 9 Makeup Geek eyeshadow pans
    • Shimma Shimma
    • Beaches & Cream
    • Vanilla Bean
    • Wisteria
    • Cupcake
    • Barcelona Beach
    • Caitlin Rose
    • Sensuous
    • Corrupt
  • Travel sized Urban Decay 24/7 eyeliner in Black Market
  • Deluxe sample of Tarte MultiplEYE primer (lash primer)
  • Deluxe sample of Tarte Lights Camera Lashes

  • Urban Decay Super-Saturated lip color in Lovechild
  • Deluxe sample of Urban Decay All Nighter setting spray

I have a lot of Tarte samples because I bought a Tarte Christmas countdown calendar around Christmas and it was filled with awesome stuff.  Definitely worth the cost!  And I have yet to try a Tarte product I don't like.


Note: Looks like they're still selling it even though it's not Christmas, AND it's on sale for $20. This is an amazing deal, especially if you're interested in trying Tarte products.

I'm actually tempted to get it myself! I am IN LOVE with the lash primer and the Lights Camera Lashes mascara, and the detox mask, and the blush... The primer is great, but it's very similar to the Monistat gel that I talked about in an earlier post. It also comes with a deluxe sample of Maracuja oil which is a HOLY GRAIL product for me. I can't live without it.  I use it twice daily!  The tiny sample bottle that came in this lasted me for 3 months!

Tarte is easily one of my top 3 favorite makeup brands.



Ahem, anyway...  what was I blogging about, again?



The other sample sized items that I'm taking on my trip are either from Ipsy or they came free with other purchases.


Now if only I could fit a variety of clothing in such a small space...

No comments:

Post a Comment