The blog of a fanatic who wants to eat, drink, and breathe makeup.

Thursday, May 21, 2015

Ipsy May 2015 Glambag Review

Ipsy is a cosmetic subscription service. For $10 a month and free shipping you get a new, cute "glambag" with four to five deluxe sample size, or full size beauty products. It's a great and affordable way to try a lot of products that you probably wouldn't normally buy. You can cancel at any time.

I've been subscribed for almost two years now, and it's rare that I don't like at least one item in each bag I receive.

The bags and samples also make great gifts (in my humble opinion) for any beauty lover you might know.



Here's what came in my May bag!


It's obvious I am terrible at photography. Just... don't judge, ok? I try.


Not a huge fan of the bag itself this month. Luckily, tons of people in my swap group LOVE it, so I have already traded it away.  This month was unique though, because there were two different variations of the bag. I have the Contents: My Life bag (obviously) while others got VIP: Very Important Products.  The material is canvas, which is really nice. It feels very high quality.

Not Your Mother's Deja Vu 'Do 
- Shade: N/A
- Size: 1 fl oz
- Value: $2.25

Do you believe in magic? Well, even if you don’t, you’ll believe in Déjà Vu ‘Do. This lightweight cream will ward off any bad hair spirits and cast a clean hair spell (for days!) until your next wash. It will block humidity and repel dirt and oil all while adding body and flexible hold. Made with conditioners for long lasting frizz control and improved shine, and infused with a delicious scent of red apples and berries, this style extending hair primer will keep your ‘do as fresh as it was moments after you styled it.

This hair product smells amazing! It smells fruity, fresh, and clean. It has a creamy consistency.  I have very thin, fine hair, so I worry about products weighing my hair down and making it greasy faster.  However, this product's directions say to "focus on the areas of your hair that tend to get most oily," so I wonder if perhaps it will extend the amount of time I can go between washes. I'm excited to find out!





St. Tropez Instant Glow Body Lotion
- Shade: N/A
- Size: .1.69 fl oz
- Value: $9

This lightweight tinted lotion smoothes on to give you an instant natural-looking golden tan that washes off with soap and water. Simply smooth on from top to toe using your palms or Applicator Mitt for maximum, even coverage. Perfect for first-time tanners!


It looks kind of freaky up against my pinkish skin tone, doesn't it?  It's going to turn me olive colored!  Seriously though, green-based self tanners are great (even on my skin tone) because they don't look orange.

This tanner smells odd.  It doesn't have that DHA smell that most self-tanners have (because it doesn't stain, and doesn't have DHA), but there is something odd about the way it smells.

This doesn't stain your skin, and it will come off as soon as you shower. I suppose that's good for people who are afraid of that this color will look like on them, however, if you end up liking it, you'll have to reapply after every shower. That sounds expensive!  I personally prefer the staining ones so I only have to reapply once a week.





Bellapierre Waterproof Gel Eye Liner
- Shade: Ebony
- Size: .06 fl oz
- Value: $14.99

This super creamy mineral gel eyeliner formula provides effortlessly smooth application and intense pigment for amazing coverage and all day wear. Plus it’s waterproof so you’ll definitely be smudge-free!


I was really happy that I received this item.  I just ran out of my favorite black eyeliner for my waterline, and I didn't feel like shelling out $20 for a replacement, so this came at the perfect time!

This applies very smoothly. It's extremely creamy, and incredibly pigmented.  I love that it is matte. I love that it is waterproof.  I think this might be my new favorite black eyeliner, but we will see after I've actually used it on my eyes.




Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Lip Pencil + BONUS Revolution High-Color Lip Gloss
- Lip Pencil Shade: Ozone
- Gloss Shades: Failbait, and Bittersweet
- Size (lip pencil): .8 g
- Value (lip pencil): $4.57

Get primed and ready for action. Urban Decay's long-lasting, waterproof liner glides on smoothly to prime AND define—for long-lasting lip color and clean lines. Smooch. Pout. Smack. Nibble. Lick. 24/7 stays put through everything (yes, EVERYTHING) you do. When you use this liner to fill in your lips completely, it primes them for lipstick or gloss, grabbing on to color to help it last.

Next, finish the bad girl beautiful look with a sample of Urban Decay's brand new Revolution High-Color Lipgloss—insanely intense color with high shine. The high-coverage, ultra-pigmented formula lays down all the color you crave in one coat.

This lippie is also laced with Hilurlip™, which defines and hydrates lips while making them look plumper and fuller.

I forgot to take pictures of the lip gloss samples, sorry!

This pencil is a neat idea. It's clear, and its main use is to keep your lipstick or lip gloss in place. It will help it not to feather outside of your lip lines, which I have a major problem with, but only on the upper left side of my top lip.  Ugh.  Using a lip liner does help my problem, but I only have a couple of lip liners, and they don't work for every lip color I use.  Insert a clear lip liner and my problem is solved...without having to buy 50 lip liners.

The lip gloss colors they included are super gorgeous.  Failbait is a pretty mid-tone pink. It looks like it would be a great everyday color.  Bittersweet is a purple, and I'm really into purple lips right now, so I'm excited to try it!  I want to save them for a special occasion, but I might get excited and wear them out grocery shopping.




it Cosmetics Your Skin But Better CC+ Cream
- Shade: Medium
- Size: .135 fl oz
- Value: $4.75

CC+ Cream with SPF 50+ is truly a multi-tasking beauty miracle. It's a full-coverage Color Correcting Cream, Anti-Aging serum, plus Broad Spectrum Physical Only SPF 50+ all in one! The SPF 50+ UVA/UVB Physical Only sunscreen protects against the rays that both burn and age your skin. CC+ is infused with cutting edge anti-aging technology and is clinically proven to improve skin texture, brightness and increase skin hydration by 79%.

The anti-aging hydrating formula is infused with Peptides, Niacin, Algae, Vitamins A, C, B, E, Hyaluronic Acid and Hydrolyzed Collagen along with Antioxidants and exotic natural botanicals for long-term brightening and color-correcting benefits.


This is too dark for me, and too yellow for me. It Cosmetics makes this CC cream in a few additional shades, and TWO of them are lighter than this one.  Either of those would have been fine.  I AM going to try this anyway...  I'll just have to bronze up my neck so I match, and blend it really well into my hairline and ears.

Color aside, I really like this product. I have tried it before (in a lighter shade) and it is amazing!  It really is full coverage.  My skin generally breaks out when I wear products with high SPF, but, for a day at a theme park, I think it's worth the risk.


BONUS PRODUCTS!

I had some points to use, so I redeemed them for a couple of awesome products.


Tarte Amazonian Clay Double-Detox Facial mask
- Shade: N/A
- Size: .1 oz
- Value: $1.44

Transform skin with the powerful double detox™ Amazonian clay exfoliating facial mask. Harnessing the balancing and restoring power of Amazonian clay, this double-duty at-home treatment resurfaces and replenishes skin for a smoother, more radiant appearance in as little as 5 weeks.

This sample is teeny tiny, but it was worth the points. I got a sample of this back around Christmas time and LOVED what it did for my skin. It really cleared out my pores and smoothed my skin, and my complexion was brighter.



Elizabeth Mott All Over Shadow Brush
- Shade: N/A
- Size: N/A
- Value: $9.99

Don't miss a spot with this ridiculously soft shadow brush. This brush with its 100% synthetic bristles is the perfect multitasker. Use it to highlight your brow bone and place the right amount of color for perfect and even application! Your lids will thank you later!

This brush is pink, need I say more?

But really, it's so cute.  The bristles are VERY soft and fluffy and I can't wait to use this on my eyelids.  Honestly, I'm in need of more good blending brushes, but they didn't have any available, so I got this one instead. I feel like it's pretty good quality.


Bag Value:
NYM Style Extender: $2.25
St. Tropez bronzer: $9.00
Bellapierre eyeliner: $14.99
Urban Decay lip pencil: $4.57
it Cosmetics CC+ cream: $4.75

Grand total: $35.56

Total with Bonus Items: $46.99


I loved this month's products! My favorite would have to be the Bellapierre, followed closely by the CC cream (dang that shade!). I'm actually going to keep and use all of the products this month, and that doesn't happen very often.  Thanks Ipsy!



Interested in trying Ipsy?  I'd love it if you used my link!
https://www.ipsy.com/r/2mw1

No comments:

Post a Comment