The blog of a fanatic who wants to eat, drink, and breathe makeup.

Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Ipsy April 2015 Glambag Review

Ipsy is a cosmetic subscription service. For $10 a month and free shipping you get a new, cute "glambag" with four to five deluxe sample size, or full size beauty products. It's a great and affordable way to try a lot of products that you probably wouldn't normally buy. You can cancel at any time.

I've been subscribed for almost two years now, and it's rare that I don't like at least one item in each bag I receive.

The bags and samples also make great gifts (in my humble opinion) for any beauty lover you might know.





Here's what came in my April bag!



The bag itself is so unique this month!  Ipsy has never done anything like it, that I know of! It's a tweed-like material, in weaved pattern. I love the bright colors! It's also larger than their normal sized bag. The inside has a silky material that is beige colored.  Super cute!


Hikari Cosmetics Blush 
- Shade: Tango
- Size: .21 oz
- Value: $15

Vibrant, easy to blend colors that highlight the cheekbones. Designed to highlight your complexion, our weightless blush can be used lightly for a fresh look or layered for a dramatic look!. An effortless application to the cheekbones that lasts all day!


Tango is described as a matte pink coral. I think it leans more on the orange side, but the photo above is showing it as more pink. I am undecided on whether or not I will be using this blush or saving it to give away as a gift. It looks like it will be very pigmented. I might also like to use it as a very bright transition shade on my eyelids...



theBalm Cosmetics Eyeshadow
- Shade: Fit
- Size: .035 oz
- Value: $3.29

Introducing theBalm's latest addition to the Nude series... Nude Dude! Get a quick look using any combination of these triple-milled shadows or dress up your look by adding water to transform your favorite shades into loyal liners. The shadows can be worn wet or dry and alone or layered for added intensity, so go ahead and cover (or uncover) your eyes.




I love the little package this came in!  It has a magnetic closure, and it opens like a book.  On the inside cover it has a picture of theBalm's new palette: Nude Dude. I have their original "nude" pallete, called "Nude 'Tude" and it features women. It is a wonderful palette, one of my favorites! theBalm's shadows are very creamy, pigmented, and long lasting.

Fit is described as a shimmering copper, and I would say that's very accurate. It's very buttery and smooth and it blended out very easily.  I think the Nude Dude palette will be a good one! If I didn't have too many eyeshadow palettes already, I might pick it up.



Mullein & Sparrow Lip & Cheek Tint
- Shade: N/A, comes in one color
- Size: .25 oz
- Value: $10

The Mullein & Sparrow Mini Lip & Cheek Tint is an all-natural, sheer, tinted balm that gives your lips and cheeks a slight flush and dewy finish. Apply desired amount to lips for nourishment, protection, and color. Dab a small amount on cheeks as a light cream blush. It’s perfect for beauty on-the-go; it brightens the whole face with a sheer rosey flush for the cheeks, gloss for the lips, and a sweet orange scent!



This looks like a wonderful lip and cheek tint, and I love that it is all natural. It smells really nice!  I'll be saving this as a gift for someone.



Lather Ultra Light Face Lotion
- Shade: N/A
- Size: 1 oz
- Value: $10.50

LATHER’s most popular facial moisturizer, this gentle nutrient-rich botanical lotion is perfect for normal-to-oily, combination or sensitive skin. This lotion has a lightweight texture, absorbs rapidly and does not leave an oily film on the skin. Special ingredients, such as borage and grape seed oils, make this lotion especially effective for damaged or problem skin. Those with sensitive skin will find it gentle and non-irritating. Paraben-free.

Because this is for normal to oily skin, and my skin is drier than the desert, I am not going to open this. I'll throw it in my stash of items to give away.



Gallany Cosmetics Lipstick
- Shade: Petal
- Size: 2.2 g
- Value: $10.75 - I could NOT find how much the full size lipstick weighs, so I cut the retail value in half for my estimated value of this deluxe sample.

A luxurious lipstick that is infused with Hungarian Lilac Extract, Edelweiss & Hyaluronic acid for intense hydration as well as Lavender Wax to help repair and smooth lips. In addition, this lipstick delivers super saturated color that will truly make a statement.



First off, this lipstick smells amazing! It is the best smelling lipstick I've ever experienced. It's like a cross between white chocolate and vanilla.  I kind of want to take a bite out of it.  The packaging is super sleek, and I love how shiny it is. It feels luxurious. The closure is more secure than my NYX Butter lipstick (that just happened to be sitting right next to me so I could compare).

Petal is a rosey mauve color, and I love the satin finish. The texture is really creamy, smooth, and luxurious. While wearing it I can smell the delicious scent. It kind of makes me want to lick my lips.



Bag Value:
- Hikari Blush: $15.00
- theBalm eyeshadow: $3.29
- Mullin & Sparrow lip and cheek tint: $10
- Lather face lotion: $10.50
- Gallany lipstick: $10.75

Grand total: $49.54


Even though I'm for sure giving away two items, undecided on one item, and I'm keeping and using only two items, I think this was a great bag full of great products.


Interested in trying Ipsy?  I'd love it if you used my link!
https://www.ipsy.com/r/2mw1

No comments:

Post a Comment