The blog of a fanatic who wants to eat, drink, and breathe makeup.

Saturday, March 28, 2015

About My Skin

Before I could read, I used to mix my mom's colored Mary Kay face products together with things like soap, water, and shampoo to make (really expensive) "potions."

I'm sorry Mom!

But, that interest in skin care faded away... 

As a teenager I had pretty much perfect skin. It was normal, not dry or oily. My pores were small and tight, and I never had acne.

It sounds like a dream, but it was actually a curse. I never learned how to take care of my skin!  I only washed my face every other day, regardless of whether or not I wore makeup. This poor skin care has really stretched out my pores, and I think has a hand in the sensitivity I experience. 

Note to everyone: never go to bed with makeup on!!!!

Now that I'm older, my skin is extremely dry and mildly sensitive, and I'm finally doing all I can to keep it as youthful as I can.

Some quick facts about my skin:
  • Extremely dry nose, cheeks, and chin. Normal on the forehead.
  • Large pores on my cheeks
  • With a lot of effort I can get a slight tan, but it's a reddish-colored tan, and it's still much lighter than your average Joe.
  • Cool undertones.
  • Quite fair. I'm usually the second lightest shade of foundation (generally the very lightest shade is either a neutral or a warm undertone, so I get the pink/cool toned one).  In MAC I'm a perfect NW20.
  • Redness/pigmentation on my cheeks and on my nose.
  • Freckles
  • Sensitive eyelids that tend to get dry and flaky for at least a couple of months each year.
  • Allergic to red/pink/purple dyes (I think). This mostly shows up after wearing certain colors of eyeshadow, but I've had some pretty bad reactions to lip products as well.

If you have any of the same problems that I do, then welcome to my blog!  I hope we can help each other with the knowledge we've learned on our unique beauty journeys.

No comments:

Post a Comment